- The journey for mobile users must be good. 50% of traffic comes from mobile. 41% of orders for luxury brands again comes from mobile (which is higher than mid-range brands
And if that’s not enough – Google penalises sites that don’t work well on mobile. Ouch.
- Promote your business. Attract PR, do events, network, have journalists on your mailing list etc
- Don’t forget about email (it’s social media’s cooler, older brother didn’t you know?). Have email sign up on your website. Automate your email marketing (MailChimp pro plus gives you a 3 email marketing campaign welcome drip – which is handy)
- Create content for your audience that is informative, fun, interesting and/or appealing. Make it useful beyond your product or service. (E.g. Smoothie business – add articles about healthy living, exercise etc)
- Build trust. Take good quality photos, have a great website design, take payments securely (and so on)
- Remember the lifetime value of a customer – it should always be more than the first purchase
- Always respond to customer feedback. Always.
Finally, a few tit bits to tack on the end, (hey – everyone loves a bonus tip or two!)
- People expect free returns on shipping
- Get your products endorsed by people (e.g journalists) – it builds trust