eCommerce dinner with We Make Websites co-founder #AfterDinnerRoundup
When it comes to online and eCommerce, it’s a bit of a minefield for the uninitiated as to where to start, what to do and when. We had great pleasure in welcoming Alex O’Bryne as our after-dinner speaker this week talking extensively (and very knowledgeably) on all things eCommerce. He provided plenty of top tips for eCommerce businesses to his fellow diners covering everything from mobile users, content marketing to photography and customer feedback.
Giving credit where credit is due, and also offering guidance as to who to look to for inspiration, Alex cited a few businesses to take a look at including:
- Bloom & Wild – they have great emails along with a top man (Alex’s words but we completely agree – Aron has also spoken at a TableCrowd dinner)
- Chanel, Burberry, Canada Goose & Ayr for website design
- Creating good quality photos
- Having a well-designed site
- Displaying the visa secured sign if you’re taking payments online (or ensure payments are being made securely)
And finally, dispelling the old SEO issue – don’t worry about it too much as Google is more advanced now. Head here for more tips from Alex.
Our speaker was joined by Liberte Fitness, Yoga for Wellness with LA, Savse Smoothies, Marley Coffee, Solely Original, Host Digital, Per4mance Insight, E Deals & Offers, Able Label Clothing and Marmalade amongst others.
Special thanks to Alex for a fantastic talk and our partner Taylor Wessing.
Check out our upcoming dinners to see which one whets your appetite!